The Joslin Summer Research Student Internship Program provides 10-12 weeks of practical exposure to diabetes-related biomedical research, ranging from clinically focused to basic science investigation. In addition to direct laboratory experience and interactions with Joslin investigators, students participate in didactic sessions related to diabetes pathophysiology and treatment. During the course of the program, participants present results from their research efforts to their student colleagues and Joslin research staff.
In 2014, the Joslin Internship Program will offer a total of 12 funded positions:
Additional Information & Application for the Joslin program (see eligibility criteria above):
1) Students are required to submit an on-line application by January 24, 2014. Applications will be reviewed by Joslin staff only after the application process has closed, i.e. AFTER January 24. Notification of acceptance into the program will be completed by March 10, 2014
2) We strongly encourage students who are interested in this program to review website descriptions of Joslin Investigator research programs. A list of participating investigators can be found here. Applicants may identify up to 3 research investigators of particular interest.
Research investigators will review applications and contact selected students to discuss research opportunities. If there are no openings in the laboratories initially identified by the applicant, the application may be circulated to additional investigators for consideration, if the student so chooses.
Dates for internships are somewhat flexible but generally are 10 to 12 weeks in length.
3) Joslin internship students receive a stipend of $3,000 each. To be eligible for the stipend, students must be:
To be considered for these funded positions, students need to apply to the Joslin program (via this website). We strongly encourage medical students to also apply to the NIDDK program (application website http://medicalstudentdiabetesreseach.org/), where they should indicate Joslin as their internship site. Students not accepted for a funded position will be automatically considered for a volunteer position if so desired.
4) Please note that the program is unable to assist with travel or housing arrangements for students.
5) If you have any questions, please email us at: SummerStudent@Joslin.Harvard.edu
6) For questions and problems that are specific to the online application form, please email: ResearchWebInfo@Joslin.Harvard.edu
Thank you for your interest in Joslin’s Summer Research Student Internship Program!